Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's a Sketch

I'm following a sketch challenge over at Chick Challenges with Ippity. If you check out their blog, Kim has made a lovely gift bag from this sketch, which you can see below. I went with a card, and made the top by tracing a Top Note die cut onto the front, and used my craft knife to cut it out. I used two ippity sets for the stamping, Sing a New Song, and How You Doin? You can't really tell in the pic, but the stamped scallops are embossed in clear powder, and I used Wild Honey ink. I tried to get the top matched up, so I cut a circle in half and added some twine. Not too bad! And the weather here today is very dark and dreary, so I couldn't get a real good picture. Plus I need a tripod because my hands shake so much! Hope it will do! Thanks for looking in!

6 comments:

Netty said...

Love your colour palette Pam and the smashing design. x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the pale colours.
Yvonne x

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous colors here, Pam! I love your creative approach to this sketch. It looks like a tough one! If I have time, I may give it a try.

Sarah said...

Wonderful job Pam! Love the colors you used and beautiful take on the sketch!

Jen said...

Gorgeous, Pam!

Jen said...

The colors are eye catching...love this Pam! Yup, it's a gorgeous card! thanks for playing with us at Chick Challenges!
Jen