Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I Love Pandas

Ever since I was a young girl, I have always loved Pandas. I have received many Panda figures, animals, posters, etc. as gifts throughout the years. And still have them all. I even have a small panda tattoo on my ankle!

Anyway, I bought this stencil set by Plaid many, many years ago. My first intentions was to stencil with paint making pillows, curtains, and framed art. Well, for some reason, I never got to those projects. But I still have all the stencils. Now that I do mostly paper crafts, I can still use these!

I was prompted to break these out because of the 'use stencils' theme at Try It On Tuesday's challenge. This is a large stencil, my card stock is a full 8 1/2" x 11" sheet. I stenciled on the panda using sponges and ink, and added a couple bamboo shoots on the side as well. I wanted to do a little stamping, so the fern images from the Butterfly Basics set worked perfectly.

I got the quote from the back of a Card Maker magazine, and I hand wrote it onto card stock.

Thanks so much for stopping in!
Pam

5 comments:

Meggymay said...

This is a fantastic panda stencil and lovely words to go with the project. They are such sweet animals. Thank you for joining us again at TioT's.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic! I love pandas and this one is so beautiful!
Thank you for sharing with us at TIOT's!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow that is an awesome stencil! Very pretty!

Terry said...

Your Panda is too darn cute, Pam! Great stenciling and although fabulous on the card, I think you need to do a pillow as well! I have so many stencils from when I painted and also for quilts, so I think it is time to pull them out! Happy Weekend!

Pamellia said...

I just saw my first real live panda at the zoo this year, what a wonderful focal image!! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Use Stencils' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)