Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

New dimension for my favorite stamp!




This card was made for the Ippity challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. This weeks challenge was to use no sentiments on your card. A bit of a challenge indeed, but I pulled through! I had seen a punch that makes a similar design where the flower petals are only punched halfway. So this gave me the idea to try it with this Ippity stamp from the Now and Always set, my fav! I stamped it onto the cardstock, made a mask, then stamped the other flower, made a mask, then stamped the leaves. I used my craftknife to cut around each petal, making sure not to go all the way down it. This took some time to do, but I love how it came out. You can see what it looks like on the inside of the card. Before cutting, I colored in the flowers and leaves with my watercolor pencils. Hope this inspires some of you to give this a try! Thank you for looking in!

6 comments:

Laura's New Place said...

Pam, so pretty. I really like the idea, do I have the patience to do it? Did I say pretty? It is gorgeous!

Netty said...

Such a pretty card and your flowers look wonderful. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love how you used a button for the flower centres. Yvonne xx

cheryl said...

oh this is gorgeous hun love that flower and love the buttons in the centre,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Lisa H. said...

WOW! this is one cool and beautiful card! looove the technique.

Emily Keaton said...

I love how this turned out, too, Pam. Simply beautiful!!! And I love the colors you used for this card. Great take on the ippity challenge for using no words!! That gorgeous flower (one of my favs, too) says it all. :)