Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Canvas Art





I got the idea for this layout from something I saw on Pinterest. I thought the daisy flowers were really cute. Mine were made by cutting designer paper from Stampin' Up! into somewhat of a triangle shape, then outlining them all with a black marker. The centers were stamped first, then punched and the leaves were punched as well.

That part was done first, then I started the canvas. This is an 8x10, and I painted it in a light blue, then went over it with some distress oxide ink. Did some random stamping with the same inks, and Unity stamps. Added a little more color with a darker blue paint, more sponging of ink until I was happy with it.

I put the flowers down where I wanted them to be, then painted on the stems, outlined them, then glued the flowers down. I decided on putting various ribbons at the bottom, the original had more paper pieces. I have many printed ribbons that never get used, so thought this would look cute.

Haven't decided to put any quotes on this yet, I can always add some later. I think it's fun and whimsical, and will be cute hanging in my room.

Thanks for your visit!

Pam

1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful canvas Pam, the flowers are bright and cheerful, love the shapes. It was a great way to add a border with the ribbons, it looks fantastic.
Yvonne xx