Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Messy Watercolor


I haven't been posting much as of late, so I thought I should do some catching up on some of the art I've been making. My job has kept me busy this month, working nights, overnights, and back to mornings then nights again. There has been so much to do, and we still have some catching up to do. Many changes have been going on, and now my home life may be taking a huge change. Now, I like changes, change is a good thing. But it's those abrupt changes that throw me off, and it takes me awhile to adjust. I will get there eventually, just have to keep my head high!

Anyway, this 8x6 page was made for fun. Just playing with my watercolor paints one day. This large leaf/feather image is from Unity, and I began this page by stamping it with a blackberry color ink. Then I just painted on some watercolors in various colors all around. I spritzed the stamped image with water, and well....it just spread out leaving hardly any image remaining.

So, I stared at it for awhile, and decided to stamp the image again on top of the mess, and heat emboss in white. I didn't use a stamp positioner, just a very large block, so it didn't quite line up perfectly. But after I heat embossed it, it created a bit of a shadow, and I thought that was a very happy accident!

Then I added some washi tape to the one corner, stamped around the edge, and then stamped a matching sentiment, both from Unity. Another page done to add into my journal!

Thanks so much for your visit!

1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Its a very beautiful page Pam. I love the colours and the way you embossed the large leaf in white, it looks great. I liked your happy accident as well, we all have them and its amazing how they often turn out well.
I hope everything is okay with you, it was good to see a blog post from you today.
Yvonne xx