Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Art Journal

Today I am sharing my first journal page. I've been inspired for quite some time by all the mixed media pages and canvases that I see around the internet. And also by Yvonne, who's blog I've been following for years. She always makes the most lovely pages, so I thought I would finally give it a go.

I don't own a journal, nor was going to buy one, as I have all the materials to create my own. I have the cute, pink Zutter Bind-it-all machine that has been sitting unused for years. I actually had to read the instruction manual on how to use it again!! I made the covers with chipboard, and they measure 5"x7" and the pages are a bit smaller and are made with a watercolor paper pad. It measures 9"x12" so am able to get two pages from one sheet.

For this page, I started by watercoloring the background with Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron. After a quick dry with my heat tool, I began stamping the images from the Butterfly Basics photopolymer set. I wanted my first page to be simple, but it needed something else, so I used some Micro Fine glitter that I've had and added it to the leaves and butterflies. I used the glue pen on the images where I wanted sparkle, then shook on the glitter.

A perfect start to my new Art Journal I think. Maybe next time I'll get the stencils out. And also, I'm going to try my best and stick with it. Making one page a week. Then I'll have to figure out what to do with the covers!! :)

Thanks so much for having a look!!

3 comments:

Meggymay said...

Wow Pam, this is a fabulous first page. Good for you to make your own journal. I am so glad you have made a start and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in your journal.
Yvonne xx

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

That is awesome Pam! Yay for you making your own journal too. I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation, images and colours used. Have a great weekend..xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}