Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

More Blues



This card was inspired by a challenge at The Paper Shelter-Shades of Blues. I have used a Paper Shelter image called Christmas Carols. I've had this image for quite awhile now, but I've only used it in it's Christmas theme. I decided to color it a little differently for this blues theme. I'm still 'in practice' mode using darker colors. The camera has actually washed out the blues a bit, in real life they are darker.

I've used my Spectrum markers, and kept going over and over adding darker colors for all the shading. I think I'm afraid to use too much, then it would just all be the same color!! So by the time I was done with all the blues, I think it's alright for my first dark attempt. 

The original image has the boy holding a carol book, but since I wanted a more Valentine theme, I punched a heart and glued it over the book. I did add some wink of stella to it and also the girls fur trim.

The background was stamped and sponged, and the sentiment comes from a hero arts clear stamp set.I also added a few blue rhinestones. I fiddled with some other embellishments, but ended up with just these.

Thanks for visiting!!
Pam

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous image, love this one. Fabulous design and colour combo..
xx
 {aNNie}

Meggymay said...

They look a charming couple, a fantastic image to use for Valentines cards.
Yvonne xx

Terry said...

What an adorable little couple all dressed up in their finest blues! Love this, Pam! Happy Weekend!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow the coloring is awesome on this. The blue is so vivid! Cute card.

Lori said...

So pretty - love the vibrant blue and the background you created! Have a lovely day!