Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Blogging and Stamping Journey

Hello, I've been wanting to share my blogging and crafting journey with you, so here it is! I have lots of pictures and such to share, so I hope you'll stick with me!:) I started my blog in September of 2010. The first challenge I ever entered was Linda Ledbetter's Compendium of Curiosities. She went through Tim Holtz's whole first book with a challenge for each technique that is in there. Here is my second entry for those challenges:

The challenge was the Agate Background technique. I made this small book. While I like the background I made, the rest is much to be desired!! lol I did take this book with me last year to the Memories Expo, and had Mario sign it!!
Besides doing grungy projects, I also liked pretty things, like this card:

These are peel off stickers that I colored with gel pens. And these stickers are becoming popular again! I still have some left in my stash!!
One thing I still do on my cards is stitching, here is one I did in Nov. 2010

Then I really ventured into blog land with a video tutorial!! Whoa! LOL
Then I started selling Ippity stamps, which were a part of Unity. Here are a couple projects I made for workshops that I used to have in my home:

Here is another Unity Stamp co. creation moving into 2011:

I started my first coloring with images using water color pencils. Here is my very first card:


I think this might be my first picture tutorial. It is for a basket:

And I actually DID make some of Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas!!! Here is one from 2011:

In 2012 I was on a Design Team for Two Sister's Challenge blog. We used digi stamps only. Here is the first time I used Promarkers:

And yes, I actually do scrapbook!! I just hardly ever share any pages. Here is one without any pictures yet:

Here is a fun fold card, and the very sweet Tilda! So wish I had more of these images!!

From this time onto now, my style really hasn't changed much. I don't do much of the grunge thing anymore. It just wasn't my style I guess. But looking back to my posts, and knowing my faithful followers since the very beginning, I am still happy to be here sharing what I love to do. I don't seem to get the comments that I used to, unless I'm entered into a challenge somewhere. So, for those of you that have been with me for the last 4 years, and always leaving me comments, I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! You are my friends, if even in cyber space! That goes out to Emily, Netty, Yvonne, Cheryl, and Terry. Thanks Girls!!! And anyone else that happens to come across this post, Thank You for stopping by!!


3 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh hunny I love your selection of work here hun all individual and each one shows your love for crafting such a pleasure to know you hunny and class you as one of my special cyber friends massive hugs cheryl xx

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing some of your Crafting memories. I did The Compendium challenge as well. I have always enjoyed visiting you and look forward to seeing your posts. I think of you as one of my special blog friends as well
Yvonne xx

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love seeing all your work!! Beautiful projects!