Pages

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Marker Coloring on Bristol Paper


I ordered a new paper pad for my marker coloring, and these are some samples I did. The paper is Bristol Smooth 300 Series in 100 lb. I am very happy with this new to me paper. I didn't get any bleeding from coloring, and the Tombow sample I did was quite wet, and the paper didn't pill either. So it's better than any other paper I've ever used.

I also finally broke down and bought a 6 pack of Copic markers in the Floral Favorites. And I have to say that I like them way more than my Spectrum markers! The brush tip is fantastic, and they seem to blend so much better. I started my alcohol marker coloring with Letraset years ago, then bought all of the Spectrum marker packs. The price of them is very inexpensive, but now that I've used the Copic one's, I think it's going to be hard to switch back! :) Now I need to get a flesh tones pack and see how I like coloring faces!

You can see in my samples that I got way more definition from the Copic markers. The Spectrum markers just gives more of a blended look. The bottom sample is colored with my Tombow dye ink markers. I love these better than any other dye marker I own. They really do blend well, I just don't have many colors of them(for now!) :)

The floral stamps I used are from Altenew, and are from the Garden Treasures set. This is a layering stamp set, but I only used the outline images. They have some beautiful stamp sets, and I'm sure I will be getting a few more.

So that's my take on this paper, and the different markers used. Hopefully this paper will be around for awhile and not get discontinued, or I'll have to start all over again!! Thanks so much for your visit!

3 comments:

Meggymay said...

Wonderful colouring effects Pam with the new paper and pens you used. I haven't heard about Bristol papers, I will have to have a search when we get home.
Yvonne xx

junemac2 said...

wow this is gorgeous Pam. Love those pens and love your work. Have an awesome weekend
Hugs June x

aussie aNNie said...

Very pretty Pam.xx [aNNie]