Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Patterned Butterflies

I just got the new Ippity stamp set called Courage is My Strength, and thought that the solid image butterfly would look good with some pattern on it. So I took an Ippity background stamp and inked it up, then took the un-inked butterfly stamp and stamped onto the background stamp, then stamped onto paper. The result is that you get the pattern of the background stamp onto your solid image stamp. I love doing this, you get more mileage out of your stamp! I did this technique three times, using a different pattern each time. I then fussy cut them out, and popped them up onto the card. The pattern papers are from Teresa Collins. I haven't entered any challenges for awhile, so I'm linking this up to the sketch over at Chick Challenges {with Ippity}, and also to the Friends with Flair hop at the Unity blog. Hope you all have a nice weekend!!

16 comments:

Jen M said...

This is very pretty! I love those butterflies!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

This is so sweet! Love the colors!

Terry said...

Beautiful patterned butterflies! I love those colors and 3-D effect! Have a great weekend!

Angeline Choo said...

what a pretty neat technique! the card turned out gorgeous!

Kary said...

Pam this is beautiful!! Love the butterflies, they are so gorgeous.

Raven said...

Lovely card.

Eva said...

Beautiful card!

Marsha said...

Very pretty card. Isn't it fun to work with new stamps. You did a lovely job with this set.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love how you made those butterflies pop off the page.
Yvonne x

JPScraps said...

Awesome card! I have to try the butterfly technique.

Emily Keaton said...

I'm so happy to see you in the FWF lineup this week, Pam! AND happy to see you playing in some challenges. This card is SO stunning. I love how you used those great {ippity} backgrounds to dress up your lovely butterfly. So smart!!

Linda said...

beautiful!! butterflies!

angie/shuggy said...

cute card!! thanks for doing with the chick challenge!

Julie Odil said...

I love those butterflies! Great card!

Crystal said...

Very pretty card, love that trio of butterflies!

KristyLee said...

This is very pretty I just love it!!
Peace,
KristyLee