Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Other uses for Stamps and Dies


I was inspired to make this card following the 'Showers' theme for the Paper Smooches challenge this month:


I started with the rainbow, and did it a couple different ways before deciding to just cut single strips of water color paper. I sponged on Distress ink to each piece, added water to the top, and let it run down to the bottom. I followed the true color pattern of ROYGBIV, for the rainbow.

I knew that I was going to use the PS Loopy Leaf die for the rain drops, the negative pieces are the perfect shape! I definitely needed a sun, but I only have 6 PS stamp sets, and none have a sun, so I had to get creative with them. I used the Shadows stamp set. You can see in the photo that these are solid ovals meant for putting a shadow under your images or scenes, but I used them for making the sun and it's rays. I sponged around the orange sun with yellow to give it a more glowing look, I thought the orange was too dark.

The sentiment comes from the PS Word Salad set, and gave it a rainbow effect as well by inking and masking as I went along it. Only took me two tries to get the colors all the way across evenly :)

I like how it came out, and will be perfect for any occasion, or even for one of my journals with an added photo. Thanks so much for visiting!


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Wonderful paint effects and its will be a fantastic card.
Hope you have had a lovely Easter weekend.
Yvonne xx