Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Other uses for Stamps and Dies


I was inspired to make this card following the 'Showers' theme for the Paper Smooches challenge this month:


I started with the rainbow, and did it a couple different ways before deciding to just cut single strips of water color paper. I sponged on Distress ink to each piece, added water to the top, and let it run down to the bottom. I followed the true color pattern of ROYGBIV, for the rainbow.

I knew that I was going to use the PS Loopy Leaf die for the rain drops, the negative pieces are the perfect shape! I definitely needed a sun, but I only have 6 PS stamp sets, and none have a sun, so I had to get creative with them. I used the Shadows stamp set. You can see in the photo that these are solid ovals meant for putting a shadow under your images or scenes, but I used them for making the sun and it's rays. I sponged around the orange sun with yellow to give it a more glowing look, I thought the orange was too dark.

The sentiment comes from the PS Word Salad set, and gave it a rainbow effect as well by inking and masking as I went along it. Only took me two tries to get the colors all the way across evenly :)

I like how it came out, and will be perfect for any occasion, or even for one of my journals with an added photo. Thanks so much for visiting!


2 comments:

Meggymay said...

Wonderful paint effects and its will be a fantastic card.
Hope you have had a lovely Easter weekend.
Yvonne xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is GENIUS! I love how you had to get creative for your items and designs on your card- this is sooooooooo clever! LOVE the loopy leaf negatives and the rain and the shadow stamps as the sun! You rock! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with our April challenge! I hope you play along again soon!