Sharing my remake of this paper mache box that I have had for many years. This is what it looked like before I started:
Other than the pretty lace, it's very plain. The lace layers I had glued down before, so I left them in place, and took off the paper flower. To start, the box got a good coat of gesso to give me a fresh base to work with. Then I painted the whole thing with black acrylic paint, and when that was dry, I added gold nevo mousse. I must say, I'm loving this stuff! Very easy to apply, quick drying, and even works on plastic. I started with the flowers next. They are die cut from cardstock, then coated 3 times with copper embossing powder. I took each flower and reheated it, then pressed it into my background stamp to give them texture. Here is a close up of them:
I used turquoise nuvo mousse on them, and it made them look like aged copper. After those were done, I die cut some butterflies, gathered lots of different embellishments, sequins, buttons, flattened bottle caps, clay flowers, and gave them all a coating of the mousse and/or paint. Before I started to glue everything down, I thought the cover needed some extra color and texture, so I used glue and glass chunky glitter to the center where the ribbon is. Once I was happy with the arrangement of things, I started gluing it all down. Here are a few more angles:
The sides of the book that resembles the pages, I painted in turquoise, then went over it with copper alcohol ink additive. then walnut stain oxide ink. The photo is a bit dark, but it matches the front. And one last photo of the media I used on this;
I will be adding this to the challenge at Try It On Tuesday, where the theme is Botanicals. Thank you for your visit!