Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Winter Flower


Playing along with Unity's Facebook challenge, which has a sketch this time. I originally colored up some cute snowmen from Susan Weckesser for this card, but after putting the papers and snowflake tape down, it just didn't match. So I went with something totally different, and I like the result.

The flower is from Unity's July kit, and I stamped it with white Stazon onto Crumb Cake card. Sponged the edges a bit, then layered it onto a piece of white. The sentiment is stamped onto the patterned paper, but is a bit hard to see. It says 'Just hold on and I'll do the rest'.

After gluing everything down, it seemed a bit dark, so I sponged the edges with white dye ink from Hero Arts, and it softened it up nicely.

Thank you for having a look!


3 comments:

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

This is so beautiful hun really effective great design too hugs cheryl xxx

Meggymay said...

I was able to enlarge the photo and it was even more beautiful. A great design for the card, and I think it looks so stylish.
Yvonne xx

Holly/Rubberredneck said...

Gorgeous!! Love the image and it's so soft looking.