Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Distress and Oxides


Sharing these tags I made last night following the techniques from artist Jolande from the Netherlands. She is visiting the U.S. this week at Unity Stamp Co. On their Facebook page, they have been doing live videos with her as she shows her mixed media techniques. I've always admired her work, and the stamps that I have used on these are hers and Marleen's images available from Unity.

The tag on the left uses Distress Oxide inks only. They blend very well together, and have a lighter look than the original Distress. I clear embossed the flower, heart, and sentiment.

The tag on the right uses regular Distress ink, much brighter color, but harder for me to blend well. The flower and sentiment are clear embossed, and I used black Versafine ink. The swirly circles were inked with Distress then clear embossed.

I did not use any water on either tag, I wanted just a full blended background. One thing to remember is to dry your ink layers as you go. Otherwise, you will end up embossing the whole tag. 

If your interested in seeing Jolande's work, visit the Unity Stamp Co's Facebook page, and watch the videos. love her! :)


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

It was good to see the tags and different inks side by side. Its good to experiment and see what works for the best results.
Yvonne xx