Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Prismacolor Premier Pencils


I have been wanting to add some good quality colored pencils to my art supplies for some time now. I went back and forth deciding on which brand to get, and the other day when I was at the store, I finally bought a set of Prismacolor pencils. I only went with the set of 12, just to see how I liked them. Well, I am totally sold on these! Such rich color, easy to blend, and the white pencil is amazing!

Of course I watched a few videos how other people use these, and one colored on kraft card stock. I loved how that looked, so I stamped this image from Unity from the kit Steps of Courage with My Favorite Things black hybrid ink onto Crumb Cake card from Stampin Up. I only used two colors plus white on each of the flowers, and the greenery. It did take me over an hour to color this in, but, I was taking my time, and just getting the feel for these new pencils.

I am very happy with the results, and look forward to getting more sets of these pencils. I like coloring more with these than my alcohol markers.

Next week I am excited to be featured on the Unity blog for their Growing in Unity. Every day I will share a project featuring their wide variety of stamps with you!

Thanks so much for your visit!


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous card Pam. The new pencils are lovely colours, I really love the lighter highlight shades.
Yvonne xx