Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Growing In Unity-White on Kraft


I love the look of white on Kraft, so that's what I'm sharing today. Another simple coloring technique, but the white gives lots of contrast.

My kraft paper is Crumb Cake from Stampin Up, and I used my stamp postioner tool on both of these images. Once you color with the white, it covers a little of the black outline, so I like to stamp over it again when I am finished. The daisies are from the Unity kit Love Runs Deep, and I've had this stamp for a long, long time. It's very dainty and sweet, and perfect for this type of coloring. The sentiment comes with it as well, and I added a little piece of paper doily behind the punched tag. The only color I added was in the ribbon.

The Unity kit I used on the card is called Beauty in everything, and is a new release. I thought her dress would make a perfect accent for the white coloring. I've used my Prismacolor white pencil on both. To add a little color to this card, I added some designer paper behind her, and used the Crumb Cake for the card base with a little added sponging of ink. I also added some black thread before adding the main panel, which I used foam adhesive to pop it up. This is a larger stamp, so I made my card into a 5" x 5" square.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and be sure to visit Sandra to see what she has to share!


38 comments:

Wilma said...

love that Phyllis Harris stamp and how you used it in this card...great job

Unknown said...

Love the look. Thanks for the tip of stamping over it after it's colored!

stamping sue said...

Wonderful! one of my favorite go to techniques is coloring on kraft cs with my prisma color pencils.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You do Phyllis Harris so beautifully.

Meggymay said...

Wow, its a gorgeous card and image. The white colouring on kraft card is something I will have to try out some time.
Yvonne xx

Sher said...

Love these. So simple, yet so elegant!
Hugs - Sharon from dannyandpeteysmom.blogspot.com

Kris K said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Berina RGA said...

I love this white on kraft. So beautiful!!

Niece said...

I love this and I just got her yesterday. Can't wait to get home and play.

Unknown said...

I love white on kraft too, it gives it a rustic look. That is actually my style of cards and your example today is gorgeous. I love the frame color, it just makes it pop. Thank you for sharing.

Becca Yahrling said...

I also LOVE white coloring on kraft. I think it's such an elegant look, no matter what image you use. Your card & tag are beautiful!

briscon said...

Love this technique and your cards!!!! Will be trying this tonight for sure!!

Sandra said...

So beatuiful, love the white on kraft!!

Unknown said...

Just like everyone else, LOVE the white on kraft and the card and tag are beautiful!

GinaF said...

I love this look as well! Both your card and tag are beautiful! I just adore Phyllis Harris designs!

Snailmailstamping.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful love white on craft too.

Valerie said...

Great projects! Love the card and tag! I love how the white does really pop on kraft! Thanks for sharing!

sharon g said...

Gosh, it looks great. I have never considered even doing that--I LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

I always forget how good white colored pencil looks on kraft paper thanks for the reminder. love it!

alo said...

Beautiful! White on Kraft works with these stamps!

alo said...

Beautiful! White on Kraft works with these stamps!

Denise S. said...

Very neat method. Thanks for the tip about stamping again after coloring the white, I am going to try that.

Selena said...

I've never thought to just simply use white on kraft. It's a pretty technique.

Unknown said...

Using just the white makes it look very dramatic. Beautiful card.

ionabunny said...

These are gorgeous. Must get me a white pencil. Hugz

Suz said...

Gorgeous card. Phyllis Harris stamps always help make a card extra special easily. The white pencil is perfect

Kathy H said...

I love that look too!

Unknown said...

I love the white! I keep thinking i need to do it on black to get it to show up but you just showed me Im wrong. thanks..

HeatherB said...

This is a very cool technique, coloring on craft, that I haven't tried yet. I love your version and the tip to re-stamp the image after coloring is a great idea! Thanks!

Angie M said...

Thanks for sharing this Pam! Looks great!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! White on kraft looks awesome!

Emily said...

Love this look!!!

Unknown said...

The Phyllis Harris card is beautiful. Love the white on crumb cake paper.

Janet Christensen said...

I think I may need that Phyllis Harris stamp. This is a beautiful card.

Unknown said...

So nice. I always like the white o craft paper

Cara said...

LOVE THIS! The image looks amazing down with just that bit of white! I think I need to try this technique. Thanks for sharing.
(Hugs) Cara

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! The white on Kraft is a great look... nicely done!

Denise Bryant said...

White on kraft is so pretty! I need to try this! Beautiful card and tag!