Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Growing In Unity-Quick Coloring


Today's cards take me back to the style that I used to do lots of, layers, die cuts, pretty papers, and stitching. But the main focus is of course the stamped images. The Unity stamps I've used today are from their Itty Bitty line, Flowers for a Friend, and Second Chances. The sentiments come with these as well, which also makes a card come together quickly.

I've stamped them onto my Crumb Cake card stock again, there is something about the kraft color that just makes pencil coloring stand out. Simple coloring with my Prisma pencils, only adding a little shading to some of the images, but I colored them all. The jar is colored with flesh tone and brown, I was going for more of a crock look than glass.

They are both die cut with stitched dies, and also a pretty paper layer behind them. I decided to go with a light gray paper behind those layers, some color, but not overwhelming. The gray piece is backed with another layer of kraft that I heavily sponged with ink. Then I took them to the sewing machine and added some zig zag stitches all around.

The card bases match the patterned paper, and adds a little bit more pop. I layered everything together, and decided to paper punch the one sentiment, and turn the other into a banner, both are sponged with ink as well. While the coloring of these images are quick to do, the rest of the card takes a little more time. But the end result is well worth it!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to stop and see what the other GIU gal Sandra is sharing today!


35 comments:

Wilma said...

I can even do this...have the supplies!!!! love layering...

Becca Yahrling said...

Love all the gorgeous layering and the stitching.
And I also love the color pencils used on kraft,
so pretty.

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards! I like the coloring on the kraft color; it really does make it stand out. Thank you for sharing.

Selena said...

Love the layering you did. Very pretty cards!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. Very pretty colors and layering.

Unknown said...

The colors used on the flowers really make them pop right off the crumb cake cardstock.

ionabunny said...

Love your layers and the stitching adds such great detail. Lovely cards. Hugz

Niece said...

Pretty. I just got some Prismacolors and can't wait to try them on kraft.

Unknown said...

You did it again, another 2 beautiful cards. I adore the coloring on Kraft, the white just makes it really come through. I love the technique you have used. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to the next one.

Suz said...

Beautiful cards. I love coloring on Kraft.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous layers and images. I love the way you coloured the jar.
Its a great selection of cards.
Yvonne xx

Sandra said...

Both are gorgeous Pam,love the little flowers!!

Kathy H said...

Love your layering....very sweet!

Unknown said...

So pretty and just lovely to look at.

Sher said...

So bright and cheery! Love these!
Hugs - Sharon from dannyandpeteysmom.blogspot.com

Denise S. said...

I like this style of card and even though gray isn't my favorite color, it works really well with the pops of color.

HeatherB said...

These are really adorable too! I love quick cards.

Angie M said...

Wow! These are so pretty! Love the coloring

Denise Bryant said...

Love the layering with the kraft paper, and the pretty flowers!

Emily said...

That's a lot of layers!!!;

sharon g said...

Your flowers look really sweet. I'm loving both cards!

Valerie said...

Beautiful cards! I love the touch of color on the Kraft. I also like the word background paper!

Heather Miller said...

Wonderful cards ❤️✂️

Janet Christensen said...

These are beautiful cards. I love colored pencils on crumb cake.

briscon said...

Crumb cake is my favourite cardstock, goes with everything!! I love your cards, the use of colour and dimension.....and a great way to use up scrap papers! Will case these for sure!

Snailmailstamping.blogspot.com said...

Adorable cards, live pencils on kraft and pretty layers, a winning combo for sure.

Unknown said...

Really nice looking cards.

Cara said...

Both are very sweet with the small patterns and pops of colors. Thanks for sharing.
(Hugs) Cara

alo said...

Beautiful cards! Love the way you put them together!

alo said...

Beautiful cards! Love the way you put them together!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Beautiful cards!

Berina RGA said...

These cards are very beautiful!! I love the coloring.

Suz said...

Beautiful cards. I like lots of layers too

Unknown said...

I love how the inked edges add so much to mention to your card. Great job!

Denise Bryant said...

Cute cards! Love the layers and the dies you used, along with the fun flower designs!