Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sparkly Pink Stocking Card

Today at Splitcoast Stampers Ways To Use It Challenge, they are asking for shaped cards and to use pink. So I decided to use this stocking die(that's never been used!) to make a cute card.


This took me forever to make!! And it's really quite a simple design, the die does the work for you! I had to cut two pieces to make the front and back. The top part of the stocking is a separate piece, so I had to glue them to the main piece, and make sure the back side lined up. I stamped all over the front with a pretty swirly stamp from Unity.

 I wanted to put some lace or crochet trim on the top part, but after searching for 15 minutes, I realized I had given it all away!!

So, I decided to glitter it up like the toe and heel. I die cut double sided adhesive sheets, stuck them in place, then added micro fine glitter, which sticks to everything!! But even though I have sparkly bits everywhere, I love how it looks on this stocking!

Then to make the front look more girly, I added a bunch of pearls to some of the stamped swirls. Well, this made the front of the card very heavy, so I die cut another stocking, and glued it to the inside to make the back more stable.

My new Joy Clair stamp set, Christmas Wishes, had the perfect sentiment. 'Enjoy the sparkle of Christmas' that I double punched, and added some punched and sponged flowers around.

An hour and a half later............................


And it stands on it's own!! :) It's so pretty, I will have a hard time letting this one go!! LOL

Thank you for having a look!!


3 comments:

cheryl said...

This is gorgoues hun love it hugs cheryl xxx

Meggymay said...

This looks gorgeous and the glitter looks great. this would be a super design for Christmas cards as well.
Yvonne xx

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Totally hate pink but this is awesome! lol Great job and it is gorgeous!