Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Personal Journal


I have started a personal journal, to jot down thoughts and feelings, no pictures required. This is another cookbook I found. No harm in this one, it's a microwave cookbook from 1982. Microwaves have changed quite a bit since then, and it's fun to read the intro to the book!

This is my very first page using various Unity kits. It started off a mess, with the flower not wanting to color well. So I just water colored over the whole image and left it at that. I thought about covering it completely, but decided not to. I must embrace what it is. Just like in real life. I may cover over my true feelings for a bit, then I tell myself to just let go. Hold my head high, think positive, and count my blessings.

I random stamped a few more images, then sponged brown ink around for a bit of distressing. My thoughts were written pertaining to that moment, and in the end, it's a perfect start to my journal. I must embrace the mess, and move along!

Thanks so much for visiting, your time is much appreciated!

Yvonne has invited me to share this page with the Art Journal Journey blog, where the theme is 'Tell Me A Story'. I think this page tells a little story, so thank you!


5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is a great start to your journal...well made.xx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous start to your journal Pam. Its all bout how we feel on the day we create a page. Look for ward to seeing more.
Yvonne xx
p.s. Have you seen the theme at Art Journal Journey this month?

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun idea, enjoy filling your journal, and thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I remember those old microwave cookbooks. How things have changed. And I like your journal page- the crumpled paper is perfect for your story! Glad you joined us with this page. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

This is a fantastic way to journal -
and we learn from each page - I liked to read your thoughts!
Great to have you with us at Art Journal Journey!
I hope to see you more often in the future!
oxo Susi