Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Coloring with Charcoal


Here is my first image colored with my charcoal pencils. It's from the Unity set called Blow Your Mind.

I inked the image with white pigment ink, then embossed it with clear ep. The paper I used is called Crumb Cake from Stampin Up, I like the look of the charcoal on kraft, but the paper did start to pill on the larger sections of the flower petals. Maybe I went over it too many times, the pencils I got are hard charcoal. Which is great for defining lines, but I think I need to get some softer ones for more of the shading parts.

I used a paper blending stump, and a white eraser for those parts that I thought were too dark. Once I was done coloring, the flower edges didn't quite stand out, so I went around the whole image with the pencil, and that made it stand out better.

The edges of this panel were sponged with Tuxedo Black, and I layered Very Vanilla and Basic Black card stock then used the Crumb Cake for he base. This is a 5x7 card size as the floral image is quite large, and I wanted layers behind it.

I added some black lace and matching candy dots, along with the punched sentiment which is from the Unity kit Steps of Courage.

I'm pleased with how this turned out, since I haven't used charcoal since High School!! It's a change from my regular coloring, and I like that! Thanks so much for your visit!


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

A stunning image and card Pam. The charcoal pencils work looks fantastic.
Yvonne xx