Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Scrapbook Page Texture using Paper Towel



I was browsing YouTube looking for some mixed media tutorials, and found one that used paper towels for texture. I thought it looked really cool, so I gave it a go.

My base layer is just a piece of white Coredinations paper. I wasn't sure how it would hold up, but in the end, it did just fine. I tore the paper towel in strips, then used Mod Podge to glue them down. I don't have any Gesso yet(on my list), it may have worked better than the Mod Podge, since it leaves a slick surface when dry. The inks and sprays don't adhere well to the glue, but I went along anyway. 

Once that was dry, I sprayed the page with re-inkers in a mini mister, and let that dry. Then I went over it all with white acrylic paint mixed with floating medium, and let that dry. It look me a few days to finish this, as each layer I let dry naturally.

By this time, the page was curled and warped pretty bad. I should have taken a photo of that, it was funny, but I kept going with it. Took it to the sink and sprayed on more color, but this time I used my heat tool to dry it. I dried the front and back side to try and get it flat again, and it worked for the most part.

Now onto the stamping!! I used two Joy Clair sets, Lovely Swirls background and Hugs and Smiles. I stamped, then clear embossed the images, then sponged over the page with Distress inks. Once I was happy with the colors, I taped on some twine,  added a few rhinestones, and stamped the sentiments and cut them out. 

I used the Mod Podge again to adhere the page to my Cookbook scrapbook, and finished the edge with some washi tape. I think I'll use this page with a photo of my son. I enjoyed the process of this, and am happy with the whole mixed media techniques.

Thanks so much for visiting!!  

1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page Pam. I think you are enjoying creating your mixed media pages. Yes they take time for things to dry, but worth it in the end.
I have a high side cardboard box, with a thick layer newspaper[that can be discarded] in the bottom , where I spray inks and water on my pages, saves going to the sink.
Yvonne xx