Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CCC # 30


Another fun week at Linda's StudioL3 blog has us altering metal with paint. It's always fun to see what technique from Tim's book we'll be doing next! I started doing these challenges on week 14 I think, so I missed out on the first 14 week's! But, I am glad to have come across her blog to join in, and have met some fabulous artists there! So my take this week is an altered pop can. What? you say?! I saw this done in a Stampin Up! idea book awhile back and thought it was a neat idea. I cut the can apart and used the tattered florals die again! I think I'm going to wear this one out! After die cutting, I used an embossing folder to emboss all the pieces. I started painting until I was satisfied. I also sprayed a clear finish over all the pieces so the paint wouldn't scratch off, that's why it's shiny! Once I assembled the flower, I didn't know what to do with it! Since I made a headband yesterday, I decided to make a barrette. I covered the plain barrette with ribbon, then with wire attached the flower. The leaves are from May Arts. I really didn't want to show the back of it since it's not very attractive, but who will see it on my head anyway?! Just wanted to show that it is a pop can. Have lots to see at the blog now, so let's get to altering that metal!

13 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic piece, I am amazed it was made from a can.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful & very inspiring Pam! Must start keeping my cans to use! x

Emily Keaton said...

Wow! This is SO beautiful. I never would have known that you made it from a soda can!!

Netty said...

Terrific and great upcycling, x

minnie_mac said...

Love that you've used a can. Looks fabulous.

Marilyn

Yelowflower said...

not only is she a creative genius but she is GREEN too!!! I love using soda cans in my stuff - cheap malleable metal that can be used in SO many ways.
Great Piece.

Shelann said...

love your flower, and using the recycled can makes it an A+

Linda S. said...

Beautiful piece for this week's submission. I have read that you must be very careful when working with the metal soda cans. Even though they are soft and pliable, its not nice to have blood all over your work, huh? Was it really as difficult to work with as I have read?

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful! I love this idea.

Unknown said...

Loving the tattered angels pop can flowers and the blue head band is also very cool

Love Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam. wow you are so so clever, this is fabulous. i am so impressed with your hair band one and now this one, beautiful work my friend
hugs June

Barbara Mason said...

Great use to upcycle a can-well done!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Stunning *and* ingenious, Pam! That altered pop can flower looks spectacular, and you turned it into an absolutely fabulous barrette! You should definitely wear it, and get a photo! It's so stylish and funky-- you could sell these and make a gob of crafting cash!