Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

CCC #33

This week at Linda's StudioL3 blog we are using the Altered Metal Alcohol Inks technique. Click here to go see what it's all about! This is my piece. Very plain and to the point. I got this metal stamping kit from my sister-in-law, and used the charm that came in the kit. I stamped ART into it, and used lettuce AI on it. Hung some beads from the bottom. I also inked the ball chain with cranberry AI. Sorry, but my heart just wasn't into creating with metal this week! I think it's the alcohol inks really, sometimes I just can't get them to do what I want! You should really check out the other entries, the ladies have done some beautiful things with this technique! Thanks for stopping in!

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This is SO cool! How great to have something that you've made yourself and can *wear*!! :)

Terry said...

Emily took my word away from me. Very cool and I hope you wear it proudly! Love it! BTW, 28 years and that is #2 for me! Happy Weekend!

Netty said...

Its a beautiful piece with such great charm. Enjoy wearing it. Annette x

Linda Ledbetter said...

WOW! Pam this is ingenious! There's nothing wrong with a simple approach, and you did a beautiful job.

I really applaud you for creating something wonderful even when you weren't really feeling the love. I find myself in that position sometimes with my design team assignments, and it can be really hard to find the passion. Creative inspiration always ebbs and flows, but as long as we keep playing and learning, something good always comes of it. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think it looks fabulous Pam! Gorgeous wearable art! x

minnie_mac said...

What a great piece. Your metal has worked beautifully.

Marilyn