Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ippity Birdie!

I made this card for the Ippity monthly challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I stamped the bird with versafine(onyx) onto sticky back canvas. Then I took my blender pen and dabbed it into blue lagoon chalk ink by colorbox. I started coloring it in that way. It would work better with Rangers nubs, but this is all I had. I also used lipstick red the same way. It gives the canvas a painted look, but with ink! I also frayed the edges a bit. The heart background was stamped randomly with versafine, as was the sentiment. All stamps used are from Ippity's set Music of My Heart. Check my sidebar to see the full set! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

cheryl said...

oh really love this hun that bird is awesome beautiful colurs too hugs cheryl xxx

Terry said...

Very pretty card! Love that birdie with the swirls! Enjoy your evening!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, that's pretty cool, Pam! I love how you used the challenge colors. Aren't they terrific? That canvas is a super touch. :)

Kimberly Jones said...

I love that birdie so much! What a cute card! Thanks for your lovely comment about my LOVE banner on the May Arts blog. I just became a follower of your blog, and I look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh thats lovely, i love birds they always make the prettiest decor for cards, yours is beautiful
Also please pop by and grab my altered alice freebie digi stamp today as it will be gone tomorrow. Hope you get chance to get it.
have a lovely weekend my friend
hugs June