Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dezinaworld Hues of Blues


June has chosen hues of blues for this week's spot prize challenge at her Dezinaworld blog! After thinking for awhile on what to make, I went with wearable art. I always wear headbands in the warm weather months, so I fancied up one of mine. The flowers are all made with grungepaper, and patterned paper glued on top. A couple are embossed. I also died some sheer ribbon with pigment ink, and with my heat tool shriveled it up, and laced it around the flowers. The tiny flowers are ceramic, that were died with Alcohol ink, and I even tried to die the butterfly that is flying above the one flower! All pieces are wired to the headband with soft copper wire. My 4 year old boy was my model for the pics, and I won't show my hubby! lol Head on over to see all the other blue creations!

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

What a fantastic headband!! I adore your handmade flowers--these look so fancy. I can hardly believe that they are made from paper. :) Excellent work--good luck in the challenge!

cheryl said...

wow hun these are just stunning how beautiful hugs cheyrl xxxxx

Netty said...

Oh wow this is a fabulous headpiece, stunning work. Annette x

Fliss said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and just goes to show how creative those die cutters can be.
You're also lucky your little boy is 4 as it won't be long before he won't model for you!!!
x

Anonymous said...

Wow this is knockout Pam, fabulous and sooo creative. what a beautiful piece love how you little boy was the model hehe.
thanks so much for joining in my friend
hugs June x

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Pam--this is totally gorgeous!!! I love it!! Wow, you are so clever...this is fantastic.
XO